Monday, February 8, 2010

On Karmic Retribution

I don't believe in guilt, but I do believe in the concept of karma, the universe's brand of justice.

The concept of guilt is , I believe, an outdated one. The next time you feel "guilty" of what you've done to someone, remember that in those instances, you are merely a vessel through which the universe dispenses karmic justice. I other words, you are their karma. And the severity of your actions matches the severity of that person's "crime."

For example, let's say you beat senseless the referee of your precious child's hockey game for a senseless high sticking call. What that means is that the referee must have beat another referee senseless for a senseless high sticking call. But should you be held liable for the referee's hospital bill and serve time? If one impregnates a woman during a one-night stand, she must have gotten a woman pregnant, either in this life or a past one. Should I be held responsible for child support? To both questions, our flawed legal system says yes, but the universe says no.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I believe you may be liable for the woman's previous life-child as well. If I'm following correctly here.

    ReplyDelete